Looking for credible nutrition information? Here’s your link to top-rate nutrition counseling services and organizations that provide excellent nutrition information, tips and tools.
Hayes Green Beach Hospital-Charlotte:
Ingham County Health Department
Ingham County Health Department (ICHD) is comprised of 7 federally qualified health centers each serviced by Registered Dietitians. Nutrition education is available for individuals throughout the lifespan, including community presentations as requested. ICHD has programs in place to prevent and control communicable diseases, programs to protect citizens from environmental hazards and several efforts and programs to link county residents to an organized system of health care. The Department also conducts research to document the health status and health problems of the community and works with the community to develop strategies to improve health and well-being.
Call for more information: 517-887-4311 or visit our Web site athttp://hd.ingham.org/
Sparrow Health System
- Food and Nutrition Services, Sparrow Health System, Lansing, Michigan:http://www.sparrow.org/Appetite/
- Health at Every Size seminars; Weight Loss Groups. Contact Sparrow Weight Management Center at 517-364-8080.
- Diabetes Center: 8 hours of group diet instruction and an individual counseling appointment with a registered dietitian.
Classes are usually covered by insurance with a physician referral. Call 517-364-5955.
- Cardiac Class: Two-week session on nutrition for heart health. Call 1-800-SPARROW to register.
- Outpatient nutrition counseling by a registered dietitian: Insurance coverage dependant on condition. Call for more information and to schedule an appointment: 517-364-2387.
One-on-one counseling in East Lansing with Karen Giles-Smith, MS, RDN, a registered dietitian and health/wellness coach. Specializing in treatment of clients with eating disorders. Participating provider with McLaren health plan’s commercial HMO, PPO, and Health Advantage. Contact Karen Giles-Smith at 517-332-3105 or Karen@AtEaseWithEating.com for more information and to schedule an appointment.
My business is a virtual educational approach. I am working with telehealth, as an author and reviewer, a program manager, a content editor, or other virtual contracts appropriate to my abilities and situation.
Ingham Regional Medical Center
- Outpatient Nutrition Education: One-on-one counseling with a registered dietitian (physician referral required): Call 517-377-8257 for more information and to schedule an appointment.
- Diabetic Education Classes, Diabetes Self-Management Education Program: Call 517-374-4911 for more information.
Care Free Medical, Inc.:
Ambulatory nutrition consultation for individuals and groups. Contact: Carol Sawyer, PhD, RD, Care Free Medical Inc., 790 E. Columbia,
PO Box 300, Mason, MI 48854. Phone: 517-244-0120. E-mail:email@example.com.